Rich traditions, proud history
Families have been placing their trust in us for generations. We have always made outstanding service our #1 priority and are honored to serve you since 1907.
Kays-Ponger & Uselton
Kays-Ponger Funeral Homes and Cremation Services have been serving families in the Charlotte County area since 1907, when it began as McClelland Funeral Home. In 1972, founding directors Edward Ponger and Ronald Kays, both long-time Charlotte County residents, merged the Kays Funeral Home and Ponger Funeral Home into a partnership that together serviced all of Charlotte County. Mr. Ponger and Mr. Kays share a legacy of community involvement that has spanned several decades and continues to this day.
In 2005, the funeral homes merged with another long-time Charlotte County resident when Michael Uselton, managing partner of Remembrance Services of Florida, LLC, acquired the firms. Mr. Uselton calls Punta Gorda his hometown, having grown up next to the Punta Gorda chapel and graduating from Charlotte High School. His transition into new ownership has been very natural because of his personal history with the firm.
At our beautiful chapel, we partner with the Arts & Humanities Council of Charlotte County to promote the work of local visual artists. We do this through the Council’s Art in Public Places program. The free exhibits of local artists’ work may be viewed during regular office hours in our chapel. Feel free to call us regarding scheduled artist receptions and featured work, or simply view our Community Events page for more information.
In 1975, the founders and Ray Williams opened a Venice Chapel to better serve the Venice and North Port communities. Today, the staff Kays-Ponger & Uselton Funeral Homes and Cremation Services continues to treat every family like the first family we have ever served, making our service second to none.
Nestled along the waterfront of Lemon Bay, Lemon Bay Funeral Homes and Cremation Services have been serving families in the Englewood, Venice, and North Port communities since 1972, when founding partners Steven Annecone and Robert Brady opened the Englewood Chapel.
The building that houses the newly renovated Englewood Chapel originally opened in the 1920s and was built by P.E. Buchan. This building became Tate’s General Store in the 1930s and then Tate’s Market. During the 1960s, the building was an antique store, until it became Lemon Bay Funeral Home.