Pre-Planning Funeral Arrangements Prepares for the Future
Pre-planning allows you to decide what your final arrangements will be and protects your family from that burden. Today, you have time to talk to your family and make well-informed decisions. Making your own final arrangements allows you to choose your service and options. And pre-planning has valuable financial benefits.
These are just a few of the considerations to keep in mind when making final arrangements:
- Who will carry out the details of your service?
- Will you have a traditional burial or choose cremation?
- Do you need to secure a cemetery plot or entombment space?
- Will you require a site marker, plaque, or monument?
- Will yours be a religious, fraternal, or military service?
- Will there be specific customs, readings, or music performed for your service?
- Do you wish to be buried in particular clothing or jewelry?
With more than 50 decisions surrounding funeral arrangements, grieving families are understandably confused. Choosing to make the arrangements yourself allows you to exercise your best judgment, consider the advice of family members, and manage the situation financially and emotionally.
Our Family of Kays-Ponger & Uselton Funeral Homes and Cremation Services has been assisting people with their final arrangements for over 100 years. You will experience it from your first contact with us. Our skilled counselors will visit your home at your convenience and together we will outline your burial choices, discuss funding options, and handle the necessary paperwork. Or, if you prefer, we will be pleased to meet with you at any of our convenient locations. Helping you through these decisions is what we do best.