The Benefits of Pre-Planning Funeral Services
What Steps Are Involved in Pre-Planning Funeral Arrangements?
Pre-planning your final arrangements is very straightforward:
- First, our counselor meets with you to help determine your needs, explain your options, and guide you in forming your own plans.
- Next, we create a file for you, record vital information, and guide you in gathering documents for the required forms.
- Then, you select any merchandise associated with your services.
- Finally, you may pay for your services and merchandise ahead of time through our generous funding program.
The most important benefit is that your funeral service is a reflection of you and removes the burden from those you love. This is perhaps the greatest gift of a pre-planned arrangement‹it removes the doubt and confusion from the minds of your family.
In addition, pre-planning:
- Freezes costs at today’s prices.
- Protects your assets, including life insurance.
- Reduces costs associated with emotional overspending.
- Allows time for asking intelligent questions that lead to smarter decisions.
- Provides an opportunity to share your plans with loved ones.
Your family will be able to carry on without the burden of stressful decisions, frantic planning, and the financial demands that are typical immediately following a loss.
Doesn’t My Will Ensure My Wishes?
Once they have prepared a will and designated an executor, many people believe their wishes are secured. But a will is often not read or administered until after the funeral service is conducted. While the will serves an important function, the arrangements and costs of the funeral need to be addressed immediately upon the person’s death. Pre-planning defends against unforeseen costs, as well as protects your family from making difficult arrangements and financial decisions during an emotionally stressful time.
How Can I Start Pre-Planning?
Our counselor will meet with you at a time that is convenient. You choose everything you want for your funeral: the type of funeral service, casket, burial vault, cremation, music, and flowers. Your important obituary information will be recorded and saved. Once you have made your selections, you will choose the payment option that best suits you. We perform this service at no cost to you, and a record of your information and choices will be kept on file at the funeral home.